Understanding algorithms and how they are implemented as programs on digital devices
The concept of instructions and how programs execute by exact instructions
Design a program that performs a specific goal such as controlling/simulating physical systems
Solving problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
The course is going to take the bottom up and student centered approach in learning programming. We will be working on projects to illustrate the different concepts learnt.
The main areas of assessment will be:
- Structure their programs
- Identify sprites in the program
- What is an algorithm and the process of writing one
- Test if a program is working properly
- Check if there is a problem with the instruction
- Peer assessment
- How is each of them handling the project?
- Helping each other in looking for problems in the project
- Exploring other projects available on the scratch! Website and other informational websites
Every learner has different interests and learn at their own pace. As such code to learn appreciates this and accommodates all learners. Some may be interested in all aspects, others may be interested in one some learn faster others at a slower pace. Some students may be interested in stories, others Lastly, a key assessment will be the mastery of the principles learnt throughout the programming process, openly speaking out the programming principles and use in daily life: